Last Updated on
The furry friends that keep you safe and entertained deserve a little luxury in the home. It does not mean getting your pup plenty of snacks to bite on all day instead, getting a haven for your furry friend. How about choosing a comfortable bed for your dog to rest and feel cozy whet it needs to? Meet the famous Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed and here is a detailed review of one of the best extra large dog bed on the market.
Why You Might Like It
- 7″ of quality American Made therapeutic foam that lasts a long time
- Suitable for extra-large dogs
- Ideal for pets suffering from stiffness or living with arthritis, hip dysplasia or other orthopedic conditions
- Breathable to keep your dog cool
- Looks aesthetically great in your home
Why You Might Not Like It
- It’s pricier than other dog beds
About Big Barker
The company behind the innovation of this dog bed for large breeds takes a keen interest in the comfort of your pet. It utilizes premium foam only from America which is a guaranteed of quality and durability. One thing to point out is that each material meets CertiPUR-US standards for safety and quality. So you know you’re buying quality and making a sound investment.
This pillow top dog bed is made of 7 inches of high-quality therapeutic foam that is known for its long-lasting nature. It ensures the bed is comfortable with a stable base that does not sink even after years of use. The structure consists of 2 inches of the bed base which gives it the firmness and support especially great for ailing pets who find it difficult to get in and out of the bed.
On top of this one is the high-density core 3-inch layer for the extra support. The top surface is made of 2 inches of the comfort foam great for relieving pressure points. The dog bed is available in 3 different sizes specifically designed for large and extra large dogs.
- Large (48″)
- Bed Dimensions : 48 L x 30 W x 7H (inches)
- Best for: Labrador, Boxer, Golden Retriever, Pit Bull and a Husky
- Extra Large (52″)
- Bed Dimensions: 52 L x 36 W x 7H (inches)
- Best for: German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Doberman, Newfoundland or a Mastiff
- Giant XXL (60″)
- Bed Dimensions: 60 L x 48 W x 7H (inches)
- Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound. The Giant is also ideal for two large dogs sharing a bed.
All 3 sizes of the Big Barker can easily support a 300 lb dog if they have to.
The 7 -Inches Pillowtop Big Barker dog bed is available in 4 colors: charcoal gray, chocolate, burgundy, and khaki and all look aesthetically great no matter where in your home it is.
The beds’ top cover is made of 100% microfiber. It is designed to allow you to remove and wash it by opening the large zipper.
This dog bed is undoubtedly one of the best as far as dog beds for extra large breeds are concerned. It is built to withstand aggressive dogs that love tearing and biting on surfaces. The foam is super dense and cannot come apart as the dog plays. Also, the foam layers are designed to withstand the effects of external pressures such as pulling and pressing and retain the shape immediately. The makers behind the Big Barker ardently state the bed “won’t flatten”. In fact the foam used in the Big Barker will retain at least 90% of its shape and support for the next 10 years or they’ll replace it!
The dog bed is simple to maintain and has a cover that is safe to wash in the machine. The high-quality removable cover is made of 100 % microfiber that is known to last long and retain its quality. The cover comes off quickly with the use of the 150-inch zipper around the bed. After washing, the microfiber does not shrink or wrinkle up.
The Big Barker dog bed is of great benefit to the dog and the parent as well. For the dog, it provides a cozy resting space for a large dog without sinking or sagging. Also, the dog gets to enjoy the firm support of the foam bed. It stays cool which ensures the dog is fresh and comfortable even during hot and humid days.
For the parent, this dog bed is a convenient option. The dog bed comes with a lifelong guarantee, so you do not have to keep buying dog beds.
The 7-inches of quality American Made therapeutic foam which by the way is the the very same memory foam used in expensive mattresses, will undoubtedly support every curve of a big dog’s body so large dogs won’t sink through this bed and that’s key with aging or dogs that suffer from joint, bone, or muscle disorders, recovering from surgery, or living with conditions like arthritis or, hip dysplasia.
Also, it is super easy to maintain and clean, thanks to the removable cover. Overall, the dog bed is of quality, and the benefits cannot be stressed enough.
Big Barker orthopedic beds for large dogs come with a ten years warranty. The company guarantees that the bed should retain the shape and support for more than ten years. If at any point, the bed is defective, you get a full replacement within this period.
What Customers Are Saying
- One customer expressed the satisfaction in the quality of the dog bed. They mentioned it is an excellent option for large dogs, and indeed, the quality is unbeatable.
- Another pointed out that even after years of use; the bed still retained the shape and density. They recommended it to other for the outstanding quality and the sturdy construction.
- One said the bed is a little on the firm side than soft but ideal for large breeds and heavy dogs that need the extra support. They recommended the bed for dogs that have joint issues and require firm support.
- 7″ of quality American Made orthopedic foam
- Sturdy construction
- Firm surface for large dogs
- Easy to clean: machine washable
- Easy to maintain
- Relieves pain
- Large sizes
- Not ideal for small, bubbly dogs
Overall, the Big Barker Orthopedic Pet Bed is the best dog bed for large and extra large dogs that need relief from their arthritic conditions since big dogs are at most risk for developing joint issues as they begin to age. The bed will provide a plush resting place for your furry friend while also preventing, easing and even eliminating joint pain. It has proved to outdo most other beds on the market regarding quality, durability and support. More to this, the bed’s design makes it easy to clean and maintain it in the right form for many years to come. Yes, it is expensive, but it is totally worth the money and guaranteed everyone will have a good night’s sleep in their own beds every night!
Big Barker 7 Pillowtop Orthopedic Dog Bed
Very impressed with the Big Barker dog bed! While the price is higher than other dog beds marketed for arthritic conditions, the quality, construction and materials are far more superior than the other beds. It is a very comfortable bed with plenty of space for large and extra large dogs and I particularly like the softness of the outside microfiber cover which is cozy and warm. Big Barker’s customer service is top notch too!